Creating a shared folder from a folder that already contains a very large number of files will often result in an error. This error only affects the creation of a shared folder and won't affect future invitations to the folder.
The Fix - create and share a new, empty folder in Dropbox. Then, move the files from the existing folder into your new shared folder. See the specific steps below.
- On your computer, rename the folder you're trying to share (for example, add a "1" or the word "temp" to the folder).
- Create a new, empty folder with the name you want for your shared folder.
- Share the empty folder with the people you'd like to invite.
- On your computer, move the files from the renamed folder (the one that was too big to share) into the new, empty shared folder.
- Let Dropbox sync the move.