On Microsoft Windows Computers
After you are added as a member of a shared mailbox, close and restart Outlook. The shared mailbox should automatically display in the folder pane in Outlook.
Note: It may take a few minutes if you have just recently been added to the shared mailbox before it appears. Wait a bit and then close and restart Outlook again.
If restarting Outlook didn't work, you can manually add the shared mailbox to Outlook by following the steps below:
- Open Outlook.
- Choose the File tab in the ribbon.
- Choose Account Settings, then select Account Settings from the menu.
- Select the Email tab.
- Make sure the correct account is highlighted, then choose Change.
- Choose More Settings > Advanced > Add.
- Type the shared email address, such as email@example.com.
- Choose OK > OK.
- Choose Next > Finish > Close.
On Mac Computers
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
- Click the Plus Sign to add an additional Exchange account.
- In the E-mail address field, enter the email address of the shared mailbox.
- Under Authentication, enter your own Office 365 credentials.
Note: Checking the setting Sync shared mailbox will allow Outlook to synchronize the shared mailbox without requiring the user to click Send/Receive. This setting was added in version 16.13.411. Enabling this setting is highly recommended for users who use their own credentials to access a shared mailbox.
Once you have completed the steps above, restart Outlook, and the shared mailbox account will be added.