If you are having trouble accessing web pages or performing certain functions in Google Chrome, and you have already tried resetting the cache, resetting Chrome will usually resolve any problems.
To do this, follow the steps below. Note, your internet favorites, saved passwords and history in Chrome will not be deleted during the reset process.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar. The icon looks like this
- Select Settings
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and click advanced
- Scroll to the bottom again and click Restore settings to their original defaults under the Reset and Cleanup section
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset settings
- Close all open windows of Google Chrome
- Re-open Chrome and check to see if the issues have been resolved